Thursday, March 10, 2011

blitz blmmmmmmmmmssssss rd. 2!

so i've been working on making a super gay box for the gauges. I'm still waiting on abs plastic from fucking amazon (worst shipping time ever) and sandwich plate/hose adapter from frsport (backordered, so slow ass fucking shipping there too)
in the meantime, i've occupied myself by making a box out of cardboard from shipments i've gotten, usps flat rate boxes make good din slots btw, and i'm pretty sure i've got it working. It's going to be a bitch to fit two 60mm gauges in 1 din slot and still have my radio face detach like normal, but i got it.



theyre angled towards the driver (LHD) and sit really off-center so when in 1st, 3rd, and 5th they aren't blocked by the shifter. I'm going to cut and extend the width of the box itself so i can make a little pocket to store shit. They sit pretty close, and, being angled, show some barrel so i might get some pvc or curve some abs plastic to cover it up.


I might shove a yashio factory temp gauge in there though, since i'm looking for one to dedicate my gauges to oil (temp/pressure)

I've got quite a bit of shit coming in as well, more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment